Thursday, November 11, 2010

Columbus Leaves Spain

Me: Hi Columbus, I’m here to ask you about your expedition after leaving Spain. When did you leave Spain?

Columbus: Well, King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella of Spain finally gave me money and ships to go on my expedition.  I got three ships:  the Santa Maria, the Pinta and the Nina. On August 4, 1492, I finally left and we started heading west.

Me: What did you find on your expedition?

Columbus: First I found San Salavdor.  Then I sailed to China, which I thought at the time was Cuba at the time. Then I found what I thought was the best place ever. It was the New World (America).  Once I got there I saw the Indians.

Me: Why do you think that your journey was important?

Christopher: My journey was important because I found a whole new land for people to live in. I also made a route for people to travel to this new land. I acquired a great deal of knowledge about the Atlantic world, and I made maps for people to follow in the future.  I made a relationship with the Indian people even though it may have not been a good one.  I started a whole different country (America) and I started its great new culture.  Some people even say that I organized Christianity in America!


"Christopher Columbus Discovers America." Suite101.com: Online Magazine and Writers' Network. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Nov. 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment