Thursday, November 11, 2010

Constantine The Great

Me: Hi, Constantine I was asked to ask you all about your rule. When did you start ruling the Roman Empire?

Constantine: I started ruling in 306 A.D.

Me: A lot of people have said that you are a great Christian. Is that true?

Constantine: I believe that I am.  I became a Christian after the Battle of Milvian. During that time, Christianity was on the rise and I was the first Roman emperor to become Christian.

Me: What is the Edict of Milan?

Constantine: It granted religious freedom to all citizens in the Roman Empire.

Me: What would you say is your major achievement and what is so important about your rule?

Constantine: I think my major achievement was building the city Constantinople because it really was a great city that helped raise Christianity. I made Constantinople and declared it the capital of the Roman Byzantine Empire. I also think my rule was important because I made a great city that I know will last for a very long time! It really made the Byzantine Empire great and it helped a lot with trading culture and goods.  I opened up the Roman Empire to more and better things, and helped it move forward.


After Constantine died, Emperor Theodosius made Christianity the religion of the Roman Empire, and the religion grew from then on.

Carelton, Mr. "Constantine." Seaholm High School. Mr. Carelton. World History, Beverly Hills . 28 Oct. 2010. Lecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment