Thursday, November 11, 2010

Alexander the Great

Me: Hi Alexander, I was asked to interview you today to find out all about you and your accomplishments!  So I was wondering what do people in Greece call you?

Alexander: In Greece and in a lot of other places in the world people call me Alexander the Great or the Golden Boy

Me: So tell me some things about yourself.

Alexander: I started ruling around 336 as the king, after my dad, Phillip II, died. I had a great childhood and wanted to do anything I could to honor my father.  I took my dad’s army and in 334 I started fighting Persia and finally broke Persia’s power! This was my father’s dream and it only took three battles to beat them! From there I started having a lot of victories against many city states.  I also went to Alexandria in Egypt, and I found that the Egyptians didn’t like having the Persian rule. After that the Egyptians started thinking I am a god and pharaoh.  I made a Hellenistic culture for my people and my people think I am a great ruler!

Me: Wow that’s very impressive!

Alexander: Thank you.

Me: Why do you think your reign was important?

Alexander: I think I am important because I am a great ruler and I am a great military leader.  I think my reign was important because I was believed to have created a New Greek world.  I gave women more rights and I made public market places.  I also expanded the arts in Greece.   I think the most important part of that was keeping the theater important to the Greeks.


Alexander the Great died of natural causes, but he left behind a huge legacy. He founded many new cities and he filled these cities with Greek statues and temples.  People that lived in the cities absorbed Greek ideas and Alexander made the Greek culture spread.


 Carelton, Mr. "Alexander the Great." Seaholm High School. Mr. Carelton. World History, Beverly Hills . 28 Oct. 2010. Lecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment