Thursday, November 11, 2010

Julius Caesar

Me: Hi, Julius Caesar I am here today to ask you all about your rule and why it was important.  So why did the Roman Republic decline?

Julius: The Roman Republic fell because the people could not agree on who should have power and civil wars started.

Me: So, how did you start ruling?

Julius:  My army and I crossed the Rubicon River, and we went into Rome and defeated King Pompey.  After that I declared myself dictator in 58 B.C.  

Me:  What, in your opinion, are your major accomplishments?

Julius: Well, I really tried to help the Roman Empire.  I helped the poor and the jobless quite a lot, and I tried to get them the things that they needed. I tried very hard to get the Roman Republic back on track.

Me: What do you think is the most important thing about your reign?

Julius: I tried to employ the poor, and I gave Roman citizenship to more people.  I think the most important thing that I did was make the Julian calendar which was a new calendar for the Romans.

 

Julius Ceaser was the first Roman dictator for life. Julius’ enemies were worried that he was going to make himself king, so they decided to kill him. Julius Caesar was assinated in 44 BC. He changed the Roman Republic forever. It changed because for a while the Roman Republic had been run by a series of rulers. All the Roman Republic needed was someone like Julius Ceaser because it forced the Roman Republic to change the way it was run, and the Roman Republic became an empire.

Ellis/Esler. Prentice Hall World History (Michigan Edition). Alexandria, VA: Prentice Hall, 2009. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment