Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Confucius

Confucius- Hi, I’m Confucius and I was born in 551 in Northwest China.  I grew up in a very poor family because my father died when I was three.  My mom and I lived in China during the Chou dynasty in poverty. I developed the idea of goodness and believed if a ruler was good, the people would be good as well. I believe that humanity is the center of heaven and earth. I had a government job and tried to teach people my ideas about goodness. Most people didn’t like my ideas and I was fired from my job.  I am now a wandering teacher, and I teach people all about my ideas. Some people like my ideas because they think my ideas are something that everyone will be able to do; be good. I soon hope that my ideas will catch on and spread all over China and the world.



300 years after Confucius died the Han dynasty makes Confucianism the official state religion.
  
            Carelton, Robert. "China." World History. Ernest W. Seaholm High School . Class, Birmingham. 12 Oct. 2010. Class lecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment