Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Buddhism comes to China

Buddhism comes to China- Hi, I’m Siddharta Gautama otherwise known as the Buddha. I have created an idea to get rid of desire.  If a society can get rid of desire then the society will be at peace. I founded the religion Buddhism around 460 BC. I was a prince and my father was a king. He tried to shield me from anything bad. However I saw many bad things and I went away from home.  I went to find enlightenment.  I became an ascetic and was barely surviving. Then I went to the Immovable Spot, and found enlightenment even though it was very hard to find.  I created a religion that swept all over China by trade. People came back from India with religious pictures and teachings of mine. They thought it was very interesting because it was the most different religion they had ever seen.  It is now a major religion in China.  Buddhists follow the 4 noble truths.  These are dukka, tahha, overcoming, and the eightfold path. The goal of Buddhism is finding nirvana. Buddhism will hopefully spread all over the world!



            Carelton, Robert. "Buddhism lecture." World History. Mr. Carelton. Ernest W. Seaholm High School, Birmingham . 13 Oct. 2010. Lecture

No comments:

Post a Comment