Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lio Zi and Taoism

Lio Zi and Taoism- Hi, I’m Lio Zi and I was born around 604 BC. Around 550, I wrote Dao De Jing which is a classic Chinese text that is all about the philosophy of Taoism. My book is the center of many different Chinese religions such as Legalism, Neo-Confucianism, Taoism and Chinese Buddhism. I am the father and organizer of Taoism.  Taoism means “the way” and it is simply trying to lead a good life in harmony with nature and the universe. In Taoism we believe in Yang and Yin. Yang is a positive man being, while Yin is a negative woman being. Neither is better than the other they just create a perfect balance. Taoism is important because it is the basis of many other Chinese religions, and of Chinese society.  I am very proud to have created Taoism.



"Taoism Basics- Beliefnet.com." Inspiration, Spirituality, Faith, Religion.- Beliefnet.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Oct. 2010. <http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Taoism/Taoism-Basics.aspx>.

No comments:

Post a Comment