Thursday, November 11, 2010

Charlemagne

Me: Hi Charlemagne.  I’m here to ask you today about your rule and what happened during it. So when did you start ruling?

Charlemagne:  I started ruling in 768 AD.

Me: So how did you get on throne?

Charlemagne: Well, my grandpa was Charles the Hammer, who was the leader of the Franks when they were in a war against the Moors and they won.  He was one of the best army men, in my opinion, and he was said to have saved Christianity.

Me: So what was your reign like?

Charlemagne: I was the first emperor of the Dark Ages in 3 centuries, and I have never lost a military battle so far. I am very proud of that. Now let me remind you that the Roman Empire was not the best during this time.  We were not the same as we used to be, so it was very hard for me to get the empire going again.

Me: What did you do to get it to keep going?

Charlemagne: I tried to reinforce education, and I made royal schools, so people would hopefully learn to write and read and get back into the arts. I even learned how to read and write myself.  I believe strongly in God and for anyone who doesn’t believe in God, I will execute.  I also divided the Roman Empire into 350 counties.

Me: Why do you think your reign is so important?

Charlemagne: My reign is important because I expanded the Roman Empire and I have unified the Christian Empire.




Carelton, Mr. "Charlemagne." Seaholm High School. Mr. Carelton . Seaholm High School, Brimingham High School. 2 Nov. 2010. Lecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment